In today's post, I've gathered some of my favorite content marketing and social media tips, which can help small businesses as they start crafting online content to help promote themselves.
1. Remember to include a call to action on your social posts. When you write a call to action (CTA), telling your fans and followers to like, comment, retweet or subscribe, they'll be more inclined to do it compared to a post that doesn't include an action. Try including a CTA in your social posts and let us know if you've received an increase in engagement.
2. "Social media allows your company to stay top of mind among people who have given you permission." - Jay Baer
Melissa and I hear a lot of feedback from small businesses dismissing the need to leverage social channels. What we've typically found is that people treat social media as a limited time campaign as opposed to a long term commitment and then they become disappointed with the lack of engagement or ROI delivered by their short-time campaign. Social media should be part of everyone's overall marketing strategy and should be used to test and learn, especially as social platforms are constantly evolving, updating algorithms and rolling out new features. (Feel free to reach out to us for a free consultation).
3. "Provide good content and you'll earn the right to promote your product." - Guy Kawasaki
Good content consists of timely, authentic informative and entertaining posts, videos, blogs and ebooks. If you're creating content that resonates with your users, they'll have an open ear when you introduce them to your business. Remember to limit the number of salesy posts as you don't want to generate any negative sentiment.
4. "Make it simple. Make it Memorable. Make it inviting to look at. Make it fun to read." - Leo Burnett
No matter what you're creating, whether it be a blog post or social post, it's important to hit the main points above so that your content is engaging.
5. "Content marketing is all about telling a compelling story." - Joe Pulizzi
Remember, facts tell but stories sell. Are you leveraging social media and content marketing to tell your company's story? Have you shared why you started your business? Do we know how your business stands out from your competitors?
Those are a few of my top 5 content marketing quotes.