It's a new year and already the big bombshells have started dropping. Time to check out our new roundup from the first week of 2016.
- Oh, Twitter. If you haven't heard by now, it seems Twitter is looking to expand character counts well beyond the current 140. Buffer offers a deeper look at some of the reactions people have had to the news. Which camp do you fall in?
- In one-step-closer-to-sci-fi news, Apple has purchased the artificial intelligence tech company Emotient.
- Want to discover new people to follow on Instagram? Get ready for Spotlight Compilations to become a regular feature.
- In other Twitter news, they are upping the ad game by allowing for customizable hashtags through what they're calling "conversational ads."
- Familiar with Slinger? They're looking to become the permanent home for viewing vertical video.